Monday, August 26, 2013

Adjusting to life with a baby.


Before our daughter was born my husband and I would always say we weren't going to let having a baby change us. We weren't going to be "those parents" who stopped going out or socializing with our friends. And while we have been able to keep up a social life and not stay cooped up in the house all the time, having a baby has definitely changed things. We don't stay out as late and leaving the house tends to need to be coordinated with the baby's feeding schedule. My day to day life at home is a juggling act of taking care of the baby and her fur brother, housekeeping, and trying to get other projects done around the house. I'm one of those people who likes to tackle something head on until it's finished. I would rather not do something at all then do it partway. But I'm learning that with a baby it's just not always possible to get things done in the manner that I would like. So sometimes only half the dishes get done. Sometimes only the dusting gets done and vacuuming waits til another day. And then there are some days (however rare they may be) where cleaning and laundry gets done as well as dinner made all before my hubby gets home. And let me tell you, those days I feel like freaking superwoman! But even on days where nothing gets done as long as I get a smile from my daughter I feel pretty awesome =). She has a way of making everything better.
This past week was a great one with dinners with friends and neighbors as well as a great beach day! Zebryna is now 10weeks 2days old and developing right before our eyes. I'm extremely blessed to have good friends who are also mama's. It makes life a little easier for sure =).
My loves.
Little beach bum

Zebryna and her fur brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment